When it comes to container modifications and customization only your imaginations can stop you! Today containers have become more than just transportation vessels. People are now modifying these containers to meet new and creative needs.
Today people are modifying containers into:
- Functional offices.
- Extra storage units.
- Portable ablution blocks.
- Theaters and bistros.
- Portable Container homes.
- Hotels and cafes.
- Portable laboratory.
- Swimming pools.
- Beautiful backyard patio.
- Container gardens among others.
- Among other innovative ideas – you can literally convert a container into anything out of your creativity.
There are a few important features that must be added to make the container to make it an inhabitable place. These modification features may be a simple as adding a side door or adding a window or even painting the container.
These modification features may include:
- Plumbing and ablution.
- Installation drawer’s cabinets.
- Air conditioning.
- Adding shelves.
- Office fit-outs to improve the workspace.
One of the major container modification is electrical fit outs which can also include internet data cabling. Electrical fit outs are important to ensure people in the container can access power for their devices, while if it is a workshop people working in the container are able to power up their equipment and get to work!
Electrical fit outs in a container will transform the container 24/7 practical working environment. Fitting in power points and lighting fixtures can easily be done as per your unique specifications and requirements.
A container is easily movable from one location to another easily by sea, land, or train. This comes in handy for businesses that keep moving from one location to another. Fitting electrical fit outs will ensure you can easy connect the container to power.
Durability – the container are made with steel so as to be a durable structure that will be able to with stand harsh climates and are strong enough to be stacked up on each other with incurring any damage.
Adding electrical outfits allow you to improve on the container security systems that will ensure you can install better locks which will ensure all items in the container are protected.
Electrical upgrades include:
- Upgrading switch boards – this allows you to have the best electrical connections in the container.
- Installation of a power surge or safety switches – this electrical modification will protect any electricity user in the container from having their equipment been damaged by a power surge.
- Installation of emergency and exit lighting – emergency lighting can be used to warn people in the container in case of an emergency.
- Electrical outfits will provide power for all office equipment including printers, computers and other equipment.
It is important for you to hire licensed provisions to make container modifications especially electrical outfits.
Most container modification are limited by your budget. Quality Container modifications are quiet costly. We recommend you consult a container modification company to know the extract cost of your container modification.
Electrical container modifications can include installation lights, outlets and phone lines into the container. All this modifications vary with the different needs of the container owner.
The following electrical modification can be made on a container:
- Overhead lighting. – This refers to mostly interior overhead lights that can be mounted on the top cover of the container. The lighting will mostly be provided by two florescent bulbs. A 20 ft. container two or three of these bulbs can be installed while a 40 ft. container can be install with 3 or 4 bulbs for quality lighting. Multiple switches can be installed and used to control the lights.
- Porch lighting – this is an electrical modification that requires you to install light at the container door or window. This will ensure you can see all outlets of the container clearly even especially at night.
- Receptacles – these are the same receptacle you have in your home – they can either have 2 or 4 outlets that you can use to connect to power in the container. The receptacles can be place anywhere on the sides of the container as per the owner’s needs.
- Flood light – for anyone looking illuminate the exterior area of the container, then installing flood light should be a good idea. Some container modification companies can at time install this flood light with motion sensors which make them more efficient and saves on power.
LED lights – LED lights offer better options to provide lighting in a container that is not near a power point. The LED lights can be hooked to a battery and can provide enough lighting to seen items in the container clearly even when in a remote area.