The transportability of shipping containers means that the buildings can easily be moved around whilst the classic, standard shape make the units easily stackable to create multi-story solutions. The full steel structure of the container combined with internal insulation means that the building will be able to withstand even the harshest climates – and rigorous moving around. Whether you decide to have a house that can be picked up at a moment’s notice by truck or take a few days to remove piece by piece, a relocatable house by using shipping containers is the easiest way to go.
If you want a relocatable home, there are a few things to take into consideration:
- Only external plugging to things such as electricity, water and waste.
- Fully functional bathroom? Make sure to have everything packed away!
- Get a large LCD TV screen which can doubles up as a personal computer – that is bolted to a wall.
- All wardrobes, storage areas, over head cupboards shut and lockable.
- If you have a porch, or veranda, make it easily detachable or foldable to the side of the container.